When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dunlet

-

teisco

Finally riding a big boys bike
Picked up a '63 Dunlet mans bike today at a garage sale. At first I just passed it up because I have seen lots of these but after a bit I took a closer look and found it to be all original and in fairly good shape. After I get it cleaned up I will add some pics.

I know these are not valuable but there is something about having one that is original and with working 3 speed and brakes that makes it cool. I plan to add a worn looking Brooks leather seat eventually and a small rear seat bag (if you have one you don't need let me know). I am just going to clean it but not touch up any paint or stuff like that and keep it as original as possible.

Like Brian said,"before" pics would be cool .Looking forward to seeing it . I picked up a girls Dunlet recently. Like you, I almost passed it up,it's now hanging in the barn . Not sure i will ever get to it but hoping someday it will be back on the road.

Dunlet Brian get to you. Dunelts are nice and some look way older than they are. In the 1970s they made bikes look like the turn of the century bicycles. Very cool company that is underrated in my humble opinion. Bricycle do you still think your comedy takes is second fiddle to mine? I do my freind.

I acquired a 1966 Dunelt with the S3C hub of Craigslist. Mint. Has Dunlop tires and John Bull brake pads. Acquired a 1969 off Craiglist which I already have on the road, it came with Dunlop tires. Perhaps not "valuable" but when set up properly they will give lots of riding pleasure.

Not the best pictures but my phone isn't very organized when it comes to pictures

20180831_104412.jpg

-----

Dunlet memoire -

Visited the campus of Leland Stanford Junior University in Palo Alto California for the first time in 1970. The campus proper is flat as a board but there are some serious hills immediately to the west. A one or three speed machine is what is needed to get about. All I could see for as far as the eye could see were rack upon rack of black Dunlet three speeders with their white section rear mudguards looking out at me. Wondered how the students could identify their specific Dunlet amongst the many hundreds in the rack.

Visited again two years later and "the boom" had hit with everything being "tenspeeds." ;)

-----

I have a few Raleighs, one Armstrong, hoping to get a Rudge, but have been searching for a Dunlet for years with no results. Alas.;)

Back