When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dunlop Special light weight 26 1 1/4 Wheel

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Seaswood

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dunlop Special light weight 26 1 1/4 are these rims available?
As front wheel on 1952 Dawes cyclesBirmingham bicycle was in bad shape.
I did get a S6 I believe from Gordy but would like to replace the rim if anyone has one?

Update, this bicycle had Dunlop rims front & rear.
I was able to fit a 26” tire on the rear the front bent the rim.
I now have found a similar sized aluminum rim from here & have been told it is a schwinn size local bicycle shop.
so I have not tried to fit a 26” tire on this rim from past experience.
Are schwinn sizes available available?
Would it have helped if I had done this in the sun with a warm tire or?

26 x 1-1/4 (EA-1) has a bead seat diameter of 597mm. The Schwinn size also should be 597mm. Keep in mind this is not English 26 x 1 3/8 (EA-3), which is 590mm. Modern production tires should have the iso size on there, so you want the ones with 597, not the ones with 590 printed on them.

For the 590mm size there are quite a few options. Not a ton, but you'll have at least a few. For the 597mm size, it's really old stock tires or new Kendas (37-597 designation on the sidewall). You've got some strong hands if you can force a 590mm onto a 597mm rim. What kind of tire were you trying to mount? Unless it was Kenda or old stock, it was probably a 590.

A good set of Dunlop Special Lightweights in 26 x 1 1/4 will be quite expensive today. They're not easy to find. Many were well-used and not in great shape now.

they are Kenda 597 marked schwinn.
so maybe I was a little too aggressive getting it on as the rear went on or?

I've recently mounted a couple of these Kenda 597s and they can be challenging. Maybe they should call them 595s? A bit more room would be nice.

Back