When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duraflex - Splinter vintage skateboard

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Guest2

Goin' through some old stuff & found this board I forgot I had...

Pretty cool display piece!

I have always greatly appreciated skateboarding and the history of it. Never was a big skateboarder though due to growing up where there wasnt a place to skate....
Had a decent collection of old sidewalk surfer wood boards up until a few years ago.

@Lonestar , your artwork is super . I knew the Dog town crew pretty good. I Surfed with Jay Adams a few times . Skated with a bunch of 'em at various times. A friend made a comment looking at a picture of me skating in the first skateboard contest I entered in . He says to me " Look , it's Tony Alva taking lessons from you " You can see Tony in the upper right side in the photo . He's the one with the crazy hair. I had to laugh when he said that..................because Tony was a damn tough competitor !! The contest was the "Hang Ten World Pro Am " in 1975 . Here's the photo 😁

Hang Ten Photos 1975 005.JPG

@Lonestar , your artwork is super . I knew the Dog town crew pretty good. I Surfed with Jay Adams a few times . Skated with a bunch of 'em at various times. A friend made a comment looking at a picture of me skating in the first skateboard contest I entered in . He says to me " Look , it's Tony Alva taking lessons from you " You can see Tony in the upper right side in the photo . He's the one with the crazy hair. I had to laugh when he said that..................because Tony was a damn tough competitor !! The contest was the "Hang Ten World Pro Am " in 1975 . Here's the photo 😁

View attachment 1688426
wow! That's fantastic!
Thanks for the props, I really appreciate it! I'm blown away that you knew those guys...that's really cool 😎

is that you on the far right?

Yep . In the picture shown , from left to right - Mark Bowden -Bryan Beardsley - Laura Thornhill- Ty Page (RIP) and myself - Ty has been inducted into the Skateboarding hall of fame . Laura has recently taken over duties as the Big Chief of operations for running the H.O.F. . It was previously run by Brian Logan . Good work on finding that photo @Lonestar !

Last edited:
Back