When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duro Tires...start the day with a bang

-
To the Op ; I use duro "slick" modern motorcycle styled white wall & black wall tires & They're Grrreeeat with no issues out of 2 sets from amazon/ebay. As for deformed tubes I have had issues too ; fix is to heat up your bath tub with just hot water, soak until water is cooled, inflate to like 35psi and repeat if they don't change any. Goodyear tubes are thick as hell but have had some issues with the valves not taking air very well before screwing them out some (Walmart buy & try). I never have to inflate any of my 26x2.125 or 26x3" tires past 35 psi as they call for 65psi max but seem pretty freakin' tight at 35-40psi. Remember MAX Psi isn't Always the same as Recommended

Here's a discussion we had a few years back regarding the attached tire-in-a-tire photo.
View attachment 1121347
This is a flat trick to help prevent flats as easily ; seems crazy but have read if you get common flats and not a fan of the foam insert things you can layer up to like 3 tires and a tube to damn near thorn & roofing nail proof Supposedly

A while back I bought a set of Duro tires and tubes on eBay. NO WAY they would properly mount on my Schwinn Suburban or LeTour 27” rims. No amount of massaging, talc, soap etc could properly and evenly seat those crappy tires. I ordered a set of Continentals for the Suburban and went on without an issue. Kendas went on the Le Tour and mounted right up. I will NEVER buy a Duro tire.

View attachment 1121131
Not just one, but two inner tubes explode trying to seat this soaped and warmed up Duro 27 x 1 1/4 tire. The first tube was a Duro, the second a Bell. Both pumped up with a Bell tire pump.
I have never used Duro tires or inner tubes. I have had tires a little rough to get on and seated, but never to the point of exploding inner tubes.
Is Duro a crap product or did I just get a lucky set?
The worse part, other than the ringing in my ears, is that it disturbed my cat, Orange Kitty.
Iv'e had problems with those stupid bell tires not seating right, But never had a problem with the Duro's. Good luck and Ride on. Razin.

Back