When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dursley Pederson Official Thread

-

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Anyone own one of these fantastic machines, literature, or ephemera? Please feel free to add to this post. @bikejunk

Here is my 1910 model.

Kind thanks, Brant

7F1A635F-11F7-45FF-A46F-D1FC674A3570.jpeg

238634A4-83D1-4874-B689-5860B1C6FBFE.jpeg

6378B024-C1B9-4D7B-B7AA-F34652B8598E.jpeg

05777A17-483A-4D23-A394-D409CDAB87F9.jpeg

0A15CEBE-D8AD-44C8-BAC9-A9EE3B31BFA9.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you a member of the VCC?
There is quite a lot of Dursley Pedersen information in their library. Seems there is always one in every publication. There was even a write up on a group of owners in last quarters magazine issue.
There are even people that make their own and improve the design etc.
Strange bike to me, but don't let me stare at one too long, it all starts with intrigue....

What I like is the fact that whenever you see a group of these together (the most I have seen is 6!!!).....
WP_20190616_13_31_14_Pro (3).jpg

...no two are the same, apart from the (often, but not always) green paint.

Here are two of those bikes pictured above, a really fine 'His and Hers' pair.....
WP_20190616_12_48_50_Pro (2).jpg

...they're great fun to ride; this is me riding my friend Ben's example (on the far right in first photo above)......
untitled (16) (1).png

..and own, if you are lucky enough.
Sadly, I ain't that lucky, yet!

Last edited:
Here is my serial number: 5706 with the size code: 6 underneath.
Above I referred to it as a 1910; when I first got it someone on the NVCC group thought it was a 1906 as he owned one with a similar serial number. Can you please clarify John @bikejunk ?

32869178-2955-47A9-8455-E1E718B6ACB2.jpeg

Last edited:
It appears the frame size on mine is for someone with a 34 inch inseam. I just found the following website by Mads Rasmussen which is a great source of information on these bicycles:

The credit for below is from the above website but he is crediting Mr. G. Hall of Gloucester, UK:

Last edited:
These look Odd but are a super comfortable bike to ride.
I remember riding one at the National dealer bike shows in the 80's-90's.
Weren't they reproduced?

It appears the frame size on mine is for someone with a 34 inch inseam. I just found the following website by Mads Rasmussen which is a great source of information on these bicycles:

The credit for below is from the above website but he is crediting Mr. G. Hall of Gloucester, UK:

View attachment 1582135
This information is from the contribution to the V-CC study notes made by Mr. Hall in 1967.
Your machine is listed later in these notes as being one of the frame numbers known.
There seems to be some dispute as to how many machines were actually produced by the various iterations of the company.
The study notes are a little confusing, due to the nature and length of time involved in contributions and could be due for an update methinks.
There are 102 pages of detailed information you have to trawl through!

These look Odd but are a super comfortable bike to ride.
I remember riding one at the National dealer bike shows in the 80's-90's.
Weren't they reproduced?
Yes, there are several builders currently. One in Copenhagen and two in Germany. The US importer is in the L.A. area. I have built a few of these frames myself as they are a great challenge and very different than a conventional diamond frame. We were able to get a group of 4 together in Santa Cruz a few years ago, the 3 on the left are Copenhagen (Jesper Solling, 1990s) built and the one on the right is one of mine.
Odd bikes but actually quite comfortable to ride and the very upright/Dutch riding position gives you great visibility. I am unaware of any original/antique ones here in the SF Bay Area, all I have run across are the current production versions.
Since there were several iterations of the original company and the bicycle itself, I believe at least a couple of the current producers feel that they are actually continuing the line rather than building replicas. There are some beautiful wooden ones out there too, that is going to be my next project.

cloudyPetersen beach.jpeg

Image 7-27-20 at 2.42 PM.jpg

Back