When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dutch made Gazelle Roadster.... maybe 1936-37?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wonderful! It'll be nice to see that bicycle back in service again. :) Looks like it should respond well to some TLC.

Keep us posted!

Correction to last post. Attached picture is model P from 1939

image.jpg

Thank you. Nice clear picture, BTW. Either made by an over-zealous editor, or this was the right-arm-only model. :smile:

Got the Gazelle back on the road today. Also found a few more parts wearing date stampings. Removed a few of the bits, coat gaurd, chaincase, lights and generator and reflectors. Under the chaincase the original paint shown brightly with nice gold pinstripe boxing. I replaced the rear rim with a Dutch made one ordered from Dutch Bike Bits and had it laced to the existing Sachs coaster hub. It would've matched the original paint quite nicely judging from what was under the chaincase. I enjoyed the ride. Sits up high and with the frame geometry you really sit upright. Big chainring is slow on startups but great once you get going. I'm happy with it.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A couple more images. A part from the headset with a date stamp and an image showing the gold boxing on the chainstay that matches the rim's stripe. Sometimes I wonder if I could get the black repaint off without damaging what's below. Perhaps a future endeavor.
image.jpg

image.jpg

-----

Clearly intended for a polo player of the australly pawed persuasion.

-----

I enjoyed that! We really must play someday. :grin:

BTW, loved that those small Indian players won on their pre-WWII designed machines. Awesome!

Back