When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DX frame

-
Ok so which do you want a straight bar or a DX? I'm assuming you are talking prewar. Unless you are doing a klunker/custom/rat it is much cheaper to buy a complete bike. V/r Shawn

This is wat im looking for for my next frame, what wud this cost me from the cabe? And wat style of frame is this i know its a 1940.
Screenshot_2019-07-07-09-35-22.png

Some additional info:
Here are two DX frames, the top is a 1941 prewar which has the chain tensioners on the rear axle hangers. The bottom bike is a 1949 postwar model. The chain tensioners were dropped from the design after the war.
You’ll find the prewar frames are much costlier than postwar, more supply of postwar available.
You can tell a DX by the slight curve of the lower of the two top bars, a straightbar, like your pic, is as flat as a yardstick.
Here’s a DX thread: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/☆-dx-thread-☆.146618/
7F0C9838-5DB0-4835-BEB7-5C87583C4487.jpeg

1562510580856.png

Some additional info:
Here are two DX frames, the top is a 1941 prewar which has the chain tensioners on the rear axle hangers. The bottom bike is a 1949 postwar model. The chain tensioners were dropped from the design after the war.
You’ll find the prewar frames are much costlier than postwar, more supply of postwar available.
You can tell a DX by the slight curve of the lower of the two top bars, a straightbar, like your pic, is as flat as a yardstick.
Here’s a DX thread: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/☆-dx-thread-☆.146618/
View attachment 1026839
View attachment 1026841
Ya that top frame is the type im looking for but i cant imagine wat that wud cost me and of course id only want just the frame and bb and fork cups nothing else

Probably a couple hundy. Like was previously posted anytime you start hunting prewar the price goes up. @onecatahula had a frame and fork recently.

Yep thought I explained that earlier and another person even posted examples of a DX. A DX is not a Straightbar.

Back