When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DX questions

-
looks like a nice tank,of irs nice why care if its new?the word repop puts a negitive slant on products that used 2d low quality but now are nice,never got anything that wasnt nice from bones,the days of island cycle are behind us thank goodness!

Just picked up a OG paint 46? DX ( tapered kickstand ) SER. # C00XXX, Planes & Trains badge, bikes in pieces so better pics later. was curious about this kickstand cap?, seen it a couple of times over the years but never paid that much attention, came with a nice tank ( metal with fresh paint ) he said was a repop, how do yo tell the difference, think somebody also added painted S2's.View attachment 1143616

View attachment 1143617View attachment 1143618
View attachment 1143619
Does it have a completely round seat stay bridge?

Would love to see the rest of the bike . Tank is a reproduction.. Bicycle Bones is out of red ones and he said they were no longer in production .. S2 rims came out in 1948 I think.. 46 would have white drop centers .. Schwinn may have had an equipped version with a tank.. Does the front fender have holes or a light.. unequipped did not have a tank ..

No head lite holes but had chrome fork struts ( semi-equiped chrome rims & struts ) so probably had chrome drop centers or have seen a few 46's with square Lobdell's. I'll dig in my pile but don't remember having any post war drops or lobs with a Schwinn script front hub. The nice painted S2's & red repop tank are a bonus to sell, I'll have to dig up a seat, bars/neck, grips & pedals so probably break even.

Chrome struts and rims available at extra cost ;)

I think it looks good just as it is, but the stuff you're talkin' about wouldn't hurt it! Why am I hooked on DX models??? Any explanations on that?
I have S-2s on the post war ones here.... Chrome on some, painted on others. Like 'em all!
RE: OG tank would hot have clips (speednuts), the pieces they are attached to would be threaded.

REC

I dont know why you love the DX. I love them too. My favorite rider is a ratty one with ape hangers.

Back