When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dynamo powered light

-

Ernbar

I live for the CABE
My last bike purchase included a Schwinn dinamo and front light. The rear light was missing and the cable was left hanging. The front light was made in Germany and it looks like the light pictured in the old Schwinn catalogs as a Le Tour light, but has no bulb so what kind of bulb does it use and where can I purchase them? Since I don’t have the bulb I have no Idea what type of threading or mount it uses. Here are some pictures:
282AFF1C-0CEF-4728-8AA6-F0B4D2DDB388.jpeg

34B4D4E0-137E-47C4-A8E1-131491999074.jpeg

It is a Union generator set like this one. If you have an Ace hardware store nearby, check their bulbs. I think it is a 6v, .3 watt, screw base. You can even use a threadless base bulb at times as it may push in tightly in the threads.
1565224179070.png

It is a Union generator set like this one. If you have an Ace hardware store nearby, check their bulbs. I think it is a 6v, .3 watt, screw base. You can even use a threadless base bulb at times as it may push in tightly in the threads.
View attachment 1043172

My dynamo says Schwinn but the lamp says W. Germany. As a matter of fact i have an Ace about 2 miles way from my house so i will check tomorrow. I found the tail light on ebay, NOS for $12 free shipping.

Thanks a bunch for your answer!!!

Schwinn did not make everything that is stamped Schwinn, the dynamo was made by Union in West Germany.

Schwinn did not make everything that is stamped Schwinn, the dynamo was made by Union in West Germany.

Good to know. I guess some were marked either Union or Schwinn. Their speedos were made in France and the calipers and gears I suspect were probably all Shimano?

Back