When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dyno Glide morphs into Dyno Gravel

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Removed the rear fender, serviced the BB and cleaned it up a little today.

B0F8085C-B200-4BFE-9408-E1ECDEB5C5C7.jpeg

Very sweet bike! Yes, I would guess they are very close to the same age, and probably from the same factory per the serial numbers.

Latest update. Ultra Glide tank installed on Dyno Gravel.

I've been looking for a loose Dyno tank for a long time to color match and add to my Mooneyes bike just for fun. This Ultra tank popped up on ebay a few weeks ago and I bought it for that project. The turquoise has always been my favorite Ultra Glide color and I have been wanting one for years but have never found a complete bike locally to buy.

So, when the ebay tank got here and is in pretty good usable shape I'm having a hard time painting over it for the Mooneyes project. Since the Gravel Glide is black with similar blue accents I decided to try it on.

What do you think? Should I leave it, or paint it for the Mooneyes?

The turquoise was called a “mint blue” and is close to a light turquoise; hard to match with off-the-shelf store paints. Most searches result in mint green not blue.

I thought that the moon-eyes was a yellow tank-less (due to heavy/wide moto fork) with black accent.

Both the frame and tank look nice as is; black matches everything, and the decals on the black frame appear to be close in color.

Perhaps just keep and wait for a mint blue frame to show up some day?

Maybe even get a great deal, because a seller might have an aversion to what they think is baby blue?

Last edited:
The turquoise was called a “mint blue” and is close to a light turquoise; hard to match with off-the-shelf store paints. Most searches result in mint green not blue.

I thought that the moon-eyes was a yellow tank-less (due to heavy/wide moto fork) with black accent.

Both the frame and tank look nice as is, (black matches everything); perhaps keep and wait for a mint blue frame to show up some day?
You are correct, the Moon-eyes did not have a tank, just those optional wheel discs.

I always thought that the Mooneyes version should have a tank in order to show the logo/graphic better than just on the frame and chainring. The one in the pic above looks sweet and I can see why you want to make one. If I see a tank only here in SoCal, I will let you know.

Reactions: mrg
Back