When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E bikes morons

-
I noticed all the injuries people get when riding E Bikes.They are trying to do 30+ mph. These are not build to be treated like a motorized bike.Quit being a jerk and buy something build with proper brakes,suspension,etc.Many bike paths have already banned them because of these morons.My rant of the day.
I agree ebikes shouldn’t be on the trails. Only on the roads than they’ll be on the lowest part of the totem pole. I also agree these frames aren’t made to go 30+ I’ve built alot of harleys and these frames can work great with alot of work and welding to go fast. I’m old skool so new won’t do

The spandex covered a holes with road bikes should only be allow on multi lane roads with speed limits in excess of 70 MPH

Maybe there should be a guide on how to properly park those renta-scooters, off of the sidewalk next to the curb, and on their side so that they don’t fall down.

It's pretty much the Wild West out there with E bikes right now. The regulations and enforcement are all over the place. I live in a suburb of N.Y.C. Last I heard, in the city, the cops were confiscating any E bike w/ a throttle. Only pedal assist were allowed, although I did see plenty of food delivery bikes operating. My town has a police E bike unit that operates on nice days. The laws in China & Europe only allow 250 watt bikes, in the U.S. 750 watts is usually the limit. I think that it's based on, if you can operate w/out pedaling, it's a motor vehicle. I have three right now, a 250, 350, front hub units & a mid drive 750. I'm in the process of putting together a 750 for my wife. A lot of good comments here on the subject, I'll just add my two cents, the idiots tend to ruin it for everyone else. Here are some photo's of the fleet, the 250 is super stealthy, the batteries are in the tank. My usual rider is the 750, it can get me pretty much anywhere. They are a lot of fun. I have to agree that brakes are definitely more of a concern. The 250 has a 2 spd. kickback w/ coaster brake, I think that it's adequate for what it's used for. 350 has 3 spd. w/coaster & front disc. 750 has front & rear discs, 5 spd.

4CE71F32-D263-4287-AD42-11176B70B812.jpeg

440D7ECD-47F4-49FC-8F06-0D5F85DA4773.jpeg

C23E3EF2-B0D7-4423-8E4E-FB9DD89280F5_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Of course you're gonna haul butt on an ebike. That's a natural instinct to push the limit until you scare the crap outta yourself. Better wear a helmet and gloves. I'd rather pedal but maybe when I get older I'll succumb to one. The rules are pretty well enforced and followed around here. Not everyone exercises common sense or courtesy, but most do. Makes sense that California cities would embrace ebikes and even build infrastructure to support them. Everyone knows that flying down a sandy bike path at full speed and in heavy traffic is a recipe for a fun time ;)

Back