eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Vicious Cycle

Look Ma, No Hands!
May 11, 2014
left coast
I have a Eagle Quad-Stay racer that needs a Stem. It is a smaller diameter (into the head-tube) than any of the stems in my stable. Would anyone have an

original they could measure so I know what to look for. Or better yet if someone has a stem to part with ?

PM please

thanks

fat tire trader

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oct 29, 2010
San Quentin, California
www.fattiretrading.com
You might have better luck posting this on the antique section. I need something similar and a fork too for my early Over truss frame racer. The normal stem quil diameter is 7/8", so you need something smaller than that, possibly 3/4".

Reactions: New Mexico Brant

corbettclassics

I live for the CABE
Feb 11, 2012
Burbank, United States
It also depends what year your Eagle Quad-Stay is to determine the correct stem.

Is yours an early or later Quad? ( e.g.: 1899 or 1905 )

Reactions: New Mexico Brant

Duchess

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Feb 14, 2014
Beverly, MA
You might have better luck posting this on the antique section. I need something similar and a fork too for my early Over truss frame racer. The normal stem quil diameter is 7/8", so you need something smaller than that, possibly 3/4".
I don't know what year you're talking and I imagine you meant to type Iver, but if it's a matter of getting it riding while looking for an original part, a regular 1" quill stem fits my 1912 (I have a set of more upright bars I can swap the original track bar out for). Fork, I don't know for sure, but mine has a common contemporary replacement (multiplate crown I've seen on other bikes of the era), so I doubt it's anything weird.

fat tire trader

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oct 29, 2010
San Quentin, California
www.fattiretrading.com
I don't know what year you're talking and I imagine you meant to type Iver, but if it's a matter of getting it riding while looking for an original part, a regular 1" quill stem fits my 1912 (I have a set of more upright bars I can swap the original track bar out for). Fork, I don't know for sure, but mine has a common contemporary replacement (multiplate crown I've seen on other bikes of the era), so I doubt it's anything weird.
I think that my Iver, (sorry for the typo) is the first year that they made the truss frame racer, 1902. The i.d. of my head tube is 1" not 1 1/8". I'd like to know if the Eagle also has a 1" i.d. head tube. I do have one extra, early, smaller diameter steerer tube fork in my workshop. I need to measure it's OD and i.d.. I suspect several of the early racers had smaller head tubes. My G&J Racer Tandem has a tapered head tube.

Vicious Cycle

Look Ma, No Hands!
May 11, 2014
left coast
No, I have a Eagle Quad Stay '03 Racer with the "Pat.1899" tag on the chain-stay. My caliper says just shy of 3/4" (.715") at the top nut.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!
This ad goes away when you register for an account!