When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 1930's Elgin Twin Bar

-

stingrayjoe

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
One of my bird dogs spotted this old wreck today and bought it for me.
The bike has a Schwinn front wheel but the rest looks original. It came with the original front wheel in poor condition....
vbulletin

vbulletin

vbulletin

vbulletin

Wow, I'd take them like that all day long. That looks to be a '34 or '35 Elgin Blackhawk. Your dogs did well!

I wandered home with a JC Higgins 3 speed hub with 36 spoke holes and its' indicator chain. Nice chrome and a Sturmey Archer copy. At $3.00 I couldn't pass it up.

1935 Elgin

I cleaned the bike up a bit and greased everything; changed the wheels to take it for a rde. The correct front wheel is on the way. The rear drop stand needs a minor repair so it has been removed to do so.
DSCN1610.gif

DSCN1612.gif

You have personal pickers working for you??? Must be nice!

Sweet bike man!

One of my bird dogs spotted this old wreck today and bought it for me.
The bike has a Schwinn front wheel but the rest looks original. It came with the original front wheel in poor condition....
DSCN1597.gif

DSCN1598.gif

DSCN1599.gif

DSCN1600.gif

I like it! Nice that it came with the light and the tank looks solid.
Makes me long to get mine back from professional restoration.
Stradalite here has recovered a couple of these noseflap troxels for me reasonably and they look great.
Chris

Back