When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

early 20s lamp?

-
an early 20's Lucas oil lamp.

However, from some of the ads from the early 20's, there were also electric lamps, using dry cell batteries.

An early 1920's Old Sol, their first step into electric lamps, though they typically made oil lamps.

So, I would say there was a mixture of oil lamps still being used, and the people who could afford the luxury of an electric lamp, probably laid out the money for them, as well as the dry cell batteries and battery tubes, or in the case of some of the higher end moto bikes, the tank was set up for the dry cell battery.

that would be my guess, I was not even a gleam in my Da's eye then, as he wasn't born until 30.

however, as most of the electric lamps are above my price point at this time, I have oil lamps on my teens and twenties bicycles. Although, one of the oil lamps has been converted to electric.

Back