When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 30's Schwinn - Parts needed!!

-
Make sure you can get everything apart before you buy anything. A stuck stem, headset or seat post can derail a project fast. Although this bike doesn’t appear super rusty so you’re probably ok.

Make sure you can get everything apart before you buy anything. A stuck stem, headset or seat post can derail a project fast. Although this bike doesn’t appear super rusty so you’re probably ok.

This is good advice. I wouldn't buy any parts until you get the fork sorted out.

You may have to box the fork and ship it to someone who does fork repairs. It's getting harder to find local shops that will do this kind of work, but there are bike shops online and members of this forum that can straighten a fork.

Check here:

Fork repair is something you can do with the right tools, but it's not a beginner repair if you're relatively new to old bikes.
I was lucky to find an individual 45 to an hour away from me when I posted the question on a local Facebook group. The individual has a good reputation within the bicycle community. Next weekend I am going out that way.

I almost ran into this problem on this bike with the stem but found a video with a helpful tip on getting it loose. I will remember that for the future.

Brandyn

Back