When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 40 s Steelcraft pedal Car

-
Mark, Murray Ohio made a number of variant Lincoln Zephyrs in the late 30s up to the beginning of the war under their Steelcraft brand. Your car is specifically a 1941 example. That's the year they introduced the wheel style found on your car. I have attached a catalog page from the 41 Steelcraft catalog. You will note that the body and wheel colors match your example. As you state in your description, your car has the more favored windshield and front bumper as also shown in the 1941 catalog. Hope this helps. I realize I'm very late the party.

1941-Front-Cover.jpg

page_35.jpg

Mark, Murray Ohio made a number of variant Lincoln Zephyrs in the late 30s up to the beginning of the war under their Steelcraft brand. Your car is specifically a 1941 example. That's the year they introduced the wheel style found on your car. I have attached a catalog page from the 41 Steelcraft catalog. You will note that the body and wheel colors match your example. As you state in your description, your car has the more favored windshield and front bumper as also shown in the 1941 catalog. Hope this helps. I realize I'm very late the party.

View attachment 1268117

View attachment 1268118

great literature
Thanks for posting !

Your car is probably one of the rarest of the Steelcraft Lincoln Zephyrs. Your car has the wrong tires but correct wheels and hubs. It's a gem. I know that my contribution to this conversation is late. I thought I read somewhere that you already sold this car as well.

1941-Front-Cover copy.jpg

page_35 copy.jpg

Back