When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 50’s Monark Super Deluxe

-
Thanks for all your replies. Much appreciated! I’ll see what this weekend brings. I’m hoping to make a deal if he will sell.

Looks like the crown medallion inserts ard missing on the tank ... it would be nice to see if seller has them as well
Good luck
Bob
There was one or two years where they just had this metal plate there with no medallion on it so this is correct. With the dual springer fork & train light this bike is a 1950 to 1952.

1950 monark super deluxe 2.jpg

1950's monark superdeluxe 4.jpg

There was one or two years where they just had this metal plate there with no medallion on it so this is correct. With the dual springer fork & train light this bike is a 1950 to 1952.

View attachment 1124570

View attachment 1124571

Good call. I was aware a couple of years ( I was not sure which years/you are the Monark "guy" Fizzer) that had those "blank" medallions, and it's difficult to tell in his picture if there is a void or blanks. Now Brian knows.

I think mine is a dressed up '48 I found back in the 90's barn painted all blue, sold to a buddy and he upgraded the rack, shroud etc. when he restored it, then I bought it back a few years ago. I feel I have a more correct '48 seat on it now, and an earlier Cadet black face speedo. I know the grips are not correct either, but dig the coke bottles.

I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread, but maybe help show the variations in lights, seat, medallions etc. Mine is a bit of a "mutt" ( not totally stock "correct") but a nice one as my pal did a quality resto/upgrade.

P1010008.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

P1010010.JPG

View attachment 1124570

View attachment 1124571
The medalliions are stainless steel with engraved circles. Mostly found on Firestones but occasionally on Monarks. The plastic ones don't hold up that well

Good call. I was aware a couple of years ( I was not sure which years/you are the Monark "guy" Fizzer) that had those "blank" medallions, and it's difficult to tell in his picture if there is a void or blanks. Now Brian knows.

I think mine is a dressed up '48 I found back in the 90's barn painted all blue, sold to a buddy and he upgraded the rack, shroud etc. when he restored it, then I bought it back a few years ago. I feel I have a more correct '48 seat on it now, and an earlier Cadet black face speedo. I know the grips are not correct either, but dig the coke bottles.

I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread, but maybe help show the variations in lights, seat, medallions etc. Mine is a bit of a "mutt" ( not totally stock "correct") but a nice one as my pal did a quality resto/upgrade.

View attachment 1124650

View attachment 1124651

View attachment 1124652
Looks great!!

Guy not responding to my calls or texts now. May be nothing wrong but not sure if my plans to make a deal will go down this weekend or not. Wish me luck! Kinda have my heart set on it now,...Lol

Guy not responding to my calls or texts now. May be nothing wrong but not sure if my plans to make a deal will go down this weekend or not. Wish me luck! Kinda have my heart set on it now,...Lol
Keep trying. The thing is with all these "pickers" shows on TV and the internet, some people think they have GOLD and spoil the actual value and interest for the "true" collector. BIG difference between collectors and "flippers/speculators" and money hungry clowns who just want it so no one else can. Ha!!

Keep trying. The thing is with all these "pickers" shows on TV and the internet, some people think they have GOLD and spoil the actual value and interest for the "true" collector. BIG difference between collectors and "flippers/speculators" and money hungry clowns who just want it so no one else can. Ha!!
I have to totally agree with you on that! I’m definitely going to keep trying,...thanks!

Back