When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 50s Straightbar Schwinn Whizzer

-
Memory Lane Classics had the HD springs but they are no longer around.

I had read that. An other ideas where one might find a decent one? Thanks for the info both you.

Ray, if it is dated around the time of my frame and has the right spring, I think I am interested. Please let me know what you might have and thank you.
Tom

Hi Tom, here's pictures of some forks,some done and some undone. These are some of Ron's from his shop. The chrome one is original from 1949. I told him you'd be calling him. Ron Houk 1-714- 996-6323

Ray
20190718_164201.jpg

20190718_164219.jpg

20190718_164119.jpg

Folks, can someone tell me if the springer front end for the Whizzer equipped Schwinns used a stronger spring? And, can anyone tell me where you might find a good usable front springer assembly with the stronger spring for my 1950 Schwinn I built?
Thank you all very much!
Tom Hand

View attachment 1020067
wow I was told there wasn't enough room to put a whizzer engine on a straight bar. Did you have to cut anything away?

No, fit in fine. Had to create a carburetor adapter to angle the new imported carburetor way from the frame. However, the way it sets, clearly it was made to work based on how aligned and balanced looking it is related to the chain guard.

wh3.JPG

wh4.JPG

fullsizeoutput_5273.jpeg

Back