When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 70's Schwinn Collegiate...Just Got it

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here she is...pretty much done, @HEMI426 . Some chrome still needs to be polished, but I'm thrilled with how well the bike was taken care of.
I just needed to get her out into the sunlight today! 😎

IMG_3147.jpeg

IMG_3148.jpeg

IMG_3149.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3151.jpeg

IMG_3155.jpeg

IMG_3159.jpeg

IMG_3160.jpeg

IMG_3161.jpeg

IMG_3162.jpeg

IMG_3163.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg

IMG_3166.jpeg

IMG_3167.jpeg

IMG_3169.jpeg

That bike could be called NOS, Looks like the day it came off the showroom floor. You could say that bike was never riden. No marks on the pedals or guard, it looks great, good job. I had a Breeze in a similar condition. Did you take it apart to detail it, just curious. There isn't even wrench marks on the axle nuts, WOW!!!!

20210627_100334.jpg

20210627_100305.jpg

20210627_095523.jpg

Last edited:
I never took the bike apart because it never had been apart (no axle marks on the paint). And the bike was sold at a bicycle shop only 2 1/2 miles from my house.

There is somebody in Bound Brook, New Jersey, about ~ 40 mi from NYC (kirsc-110 on Ebay 97.8%) that has a Yellow Men's 5 speed Collegiate currently on the bay, zero bids, and $20 starting bid. See (#363591729094). You all should see other items (on other auctions on the bay) kirsc-110 has what looks like about a '74/'75 Suburban 10 speed, and a whole bunch of what appears to be sixties and fifties girls cruiser bikes, some with tanks and some ordinary. I don't think there were any bids on those either. I guess what I am saying that since kirsc-110 appears to be a NON SHIPPER, PICK-UP ONLY ebay seller, that likely there may not be any bidders from bayers because from their location it is simply not practically possible. My guess is many cabe people don't even look at what is happening in complete low cost pick-up only auctioned bikes. Somebody within a half hours drive of Bound Brook might want to look at the auctions' photos to see if that stuff wouldn't be decent at the single opening bid assuming you'd have a pickup truck, van or trailer. I just thought you should know. I would not recommend that anyone go beyond the 1st bid....opening bid because I don't think anyone is likely near enough to bid. I mean most ordinary folks look for just one bike, and the folks typically looking on the bay, want it either within 30 miles or so if its a pick-up only or they prefer to buy something nice enough and don't mind the shipping because after all you can't drive 75 miles + to pick something up for the approx $80 it takes to ship. Gasoline cost, and the 3 hours+ of your time, etc just don't make it worthwhile for most folks UNLESS they find some NON-SHIP bike on Ebay that is local to them. I am simply saying that anyone LOCAL to Bound Brook NJ that perhaps you may be able to win auctions with the opening bids. I don't know the seller. I'm not gonna bid as I'm not interested (way too far away). I know nothing about the bikes. I simply saw the photos etc on ebay auction listing. I'm just passing this info along.

Back