When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

early bent fork...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bud poe

I live for the CABE
My teens/twenties Hawthorne Deluxe had been run into a wall apparently, fork was pretty bent. Steer tube and threads were good so I decided to try to straighten it, I think it came out alright, check the pics!
www.blackdotmetalwerks.com

Thanks! It was my first attempt, I made a simple fixture and used a "port-a-power" hydraulic jack and a little heat. I had to move one leg a bit more than the other but it didn't take too long.
Soon I hope to test it out!

Thanks Chris! I got a really bad one at home that I'm gonna try next. I'll post pics...
I'd be glad to help however I can, let me know...
Bud

Bud, if you run out of projects, my daughter still has those 12 bikes in her garage.

Nice work, I finally found the Park fork truing jig I've always wanted and if anybody needs a hand with alignment I do have Park tools to align the rear triangle and dropouts. This fork jig is kinda hard to find I think there might be a bit to much liability in fork truing, of course this is a hobby and it's not always easy to find a good fork.
SH104483-1.jpg

SH104484-1.jpg

SH104487-1.jpg

I straightened a scrambler fork at the old machine shop I worked at , the only thing I would have done different is use some wooden blocks for a base to press against (had to fix a couple of dings) oops!! but live and learn...

Yeah I used some UHMW plastic blocks but next time I'll use wood (its softer)...Do you think "cold setting" is better? I used heat figuring it would be less stress on the metal and avoid any cracking...any thoughts?
Oh, and that's a cool alignment tool! Thanks for posting....As for liability, I won't be jumping any curbs on this one!

Last edited:
Back