When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early bike collection help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dan the bike man

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Suspended
This past weekend I bought a small collection of 1885-1910 bikes, 8 in all. I have a few questions as I clean them up (lightly and carefully) to display. First up is the Sovereign bagged bike. It has a "sweetheart" sprocket. I know that to be a Schwinn thing, so is the badge the wrong one, the sprocket wrong, or did another company use that too. The man I bought from said this is 1895-1897. Thank you for your feedback. I'll post others as I go.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
N
I have no questions on this one really, just showing it. I'm told it's also circa 1896, original and REALLY nice paint!!!

The American Machine made in Flint, Mi appears to have a slightly bent front fork, otherwise looks very nice. Would you be willing to post a photo of the badge? I'm in MI and just curious what the badge looks like. I'm familiar with several MI brands but not that one.

Regarding the sweetheart sprocket, I believe other manufactures used it as well. I have seen it on other non-Schwinn bicycles at least in the early years such as your bikes are.

Very nice collection regarding both bikes. Will you be eventually posting images of the other 6 bikes?

Here's the others:
Schwinn Admiral red and black. Early bike.
image.jpg

Cleveland- lots wrong but I like the break and paint is nice.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Hartford Vedette:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Meade:

image.jpg

Last, but not least, 1885 Victor high wheel. First one I've owned, I think it's really cool!

highwheel.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Wow, that is quite the collection all in one purchase. I'm very impressed by your score. I like the Saginaw bike as well. I see you are in MI as well. I'd be glad to help with putting you in touch with local resources for tiring for the highwheel or whatever else you may need. Let me know if I can help.

Back