When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Corvette Find

-
Have you been riding it as is? How does the hub shift? You should find freewheel between 2 and 3 if it is adjusted correctly is my understanding.
Oh no, it’s partially disassembled now. The tires that came on the bike were shot.

9AF42234-2BB4-4203-92C3-7A844A4C3117.jpeg

Here's something that you might find interesting since yours is one of these early pieces.

View attachment 1667914
HOLA TO ALL THE CABERS! What's the ironic of life, that Schwinn AS&CO, announced whit big words and fireworks 🎆🎇🎆🎇 around the country, their new line of bikes, the famous middle weight bicycles, that have the singular new set of wheels(never used before?)
the S-7 rims that only use to fit, the 26x 1 3/4 Schwinn exclusive tires* But the title says and stated" 1.75 tires* funny or ironic??? You decide*!* Just my $100.00 bill contribution* Enjoy the today's news papar*!*😎🙃😆😁

I'm sure Schwinn was in contact with General Motors over the years and as long as Schwinn did not use any references to the Chevy Corvette it wasn't an issue naming a bike Corvette. Schwinn did this multiple times over the years and even named a bike Sting Ray, badged and decaled bikes Cadillac. Huffy had bikes named Camaro, Thunderbird, Impala, Avante and a multitude of other names. If you notice, the bike manufactures never used the car model in any reference to their bikes.

I'm sure Schwinn was in contact with General Motors over the years and as long as Schwinn did not use any references to the Chevy Corvette it wasn't an issue naming a bike Corvette. Schwinn did this multiple times over the years and even named a bike Sting Ray, badged and decaled bikes Cadillac. Huffy had bikes named Camaro, Thunderbird, Impala, Avante and a multitude of other names. If you notice, the bike manufactures never used the car model in any reference to their bikes.
I guess I’m just surprised that Chevy allowed it, because there’s no way they could get away with that now.

I guess I’m just surprised that Chevy allowed it, because there’s no way they could get away with that now.
I'm sure if there was a connection to a car or car product there would have been an issue. There is a cabinet hardware manufacturer today using the Schwinn name. https://www.schwinn-group.com/us/frontpage
Schwinn has had its share of name infringement situations over the years and a tire name was one of the first ones I'm aware of, but I'm sure there were earlier cases. Their tire had a name that was already being used in the bicycle industry.

Back