When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early CWC fender depression purpose?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BillMetric

Look Ma, No Hands!
working on a few '36 Roadmasters now and picked up a set of I believe '37 girls fenders, the front one has an extra depression in front of the headlight mount, its got a few small holes in the depression but it does not look like anything has been there lately if ever, I have searched high and low for pics of another similar fender and have not found any, hoping to find out what goes there and any pics of another one like this:
IMG_20180829_180320.jpg

IMG_20180829_180508.jpg

IMG_20180829_180434.jpg

IMG_20180821_192503.jpg

Good Call!
I now have found another photo of another '37 Roadmaster with the "Firestone Exclusive" initial holder in place in its depression, there was a debate here in 2008 as to whether Roadmaster made bikes for Firestone in 1937 or not, or if CWC simply had their own initial holder, unfortunately the bike had no headbadge but it was 100% Roadmaster

121708Rollmaster042-1a.jpg

Good Call!
I now have found another photo of another '37 Roadmaster with the "Firestone Exclusive" initial holder in place in its depression, there was a debate here in 2008 as to whether Roadmaster made bikes for Firestone in 1937 or not, or if CWC simply had their own initial holder, unfortunately the bike had no headbadge but it was 100% Roadmaster

View attachment 860851
I was wondering the same..but that sure looks like a CWC fork.

Back