When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Elgin tank bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This Handelbar light is interesting. Handmade looks like

8490F919-6E2F-49DC-A16A-5A24403D596B.jpeg

F9F1ECC1-0AD0-4793-B632-21DEEB74D29D.jpeg

64CAA48F-CCDC-4E91-99EE-D26324528199.jpeg

1D0ED1B5-B106-429E-97F6-E2B6622A6738.jpeg

605B507E-61F0-4FBD-B70A-8A3ACBE4C3C9.jpeg

0FD3AFCC-32B5-4F86-A03D-CDE14BE783D1.jpeg

This might be a good candidate for an oxalic acid bath,it would get rid of the rust including what's inside the frame,unfortunatly it would probably remove a lot of the flaking paint because the paint is lifting because there is rust underneath the paint

Hopefully turns out good. 3 pounds of oxalic acid I think I needed more But let see how it turns out.

View attachment 1212539
I think you made the right call with the oa bath. Dish soap and a rag would have removed paint too. Maybe less but at least you will see what you are working with in terms of solid metal left and extent of repairs required. Looking forward to seeing the oa results when done.

Is the silver color clean bright white steel or aluminum-silver paint? Some acids might work differently on metallic paints(?).

Neat!
I had an Elgin, a Napoleon and 2 Chiefs.
Does the larger lamp glass say Elgin?
The Elgin (and Napoleon/Chief) did not come with a tank, but rather the buyer could buy as an accessory thru Sears. This tank fits all 3 and also the Mead Premier and maybe one other cycle. Very narrow (short) tank.
If you don't have the wheels, I may have steel clad woodies to fit her. I'm in 60118

Neat!
I had an Elgin, a Napoleon and 2 Chiefs.
Does the larger lamp glass say Elgin?
The Elgin (and Napoleon/Chief) did not come with a tank, but rather the buyer could buy as an accessory thru Sears. This tank fits all 3 and also the Mead Premier and maybe one other cycle. Very narrow (short) tank.
If you don't have the wheels, I may have steel clad woodies to fit her. I'm in 60118

thanks. I think I bought some from you before and yes I’ll be interested on wood clads with a ND C rear hub.

Back