When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Fisher - Hoo Koo E Koo

-

Strings-n-Spokes

I live for the CABE
Had this old thing in the garage for years and years. Thinking about selling it. Any opinions? Interest? Haven't a clue what the value is so it will probably go to Ebay. I believe it to be a 1997. Small frame
DSCF1475.JPG
DSCF1476.JPG
DSCF1477.JPG
DSCF1478.JPG
DSCF1479.JPG
DSCF1480.JPG
DSCF1481.JPG
DSCF1482.JPG

that is MUCH earlier than 1997. I have a 1996 I bought new. 90's Hoo Koo e Koo had suspension forks and the different type of stem and bars.
ha ha! I just noticed the "biopace" chainring! this is early 80's as the biopace became a joke soon after they started making them.

that is MUCH earlier than 1997. I have a 1996 I bought new. 90's Hoo Koo e Koo had suspension forks and the different type of stem and bars.
ha ha! I just noticed the "biopace" chainring! this is early 80's as the biopace became a joke soon after they started making them.
Get on YouTube and watch Swiss scientists prove the oval chain ring reduces knee strain and fatigue. Biopace = AHEAD OF ITS TIME
And they were around later in the 1980s...

Looks more late 1980s/early 1990s with the brake under the chainstay, unicrown fork and no Suntour bits. As for Biopace, there are those who love them. I've found them really irritating on pavement at high cadence and pretty inoffensive off road. I picked up a 1987 Nishiki with Ovaltech rings and haven't minded them. Maybe me and my knees are just getting old. It's probably about time for the 130th anniversary of the oval ring...

I believe your bike is from around 1988. There are date codes on the Shimano parts that will tell you the year. I think the bike is worth less than $200, maybe a little more in some markets. If I was selling it, I would not sell it on eBay. I would sell it locally, maybe Craigslist for $150. If it needs more than grease, cables and rubber, I would ask less.

Back