When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Frame of Uncertain Origin...Rollfast?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The ribbed fork is a british pat. fork design. It is called the interal trussed fork.Thay are bery strong forks and your bike looks really great.I know it's a hip(ed) up modern maybe city type bike bit it really shows what can be done with an antique frame.Not made any better---Internal lugged too--has the fish mouth flaired tube ends where the joints are---great lookin bike

I noticed the internal flared ends in head tube when I was doing mockup assembly. Maybe the ribbed fork is another clue to it's origin since Mead had factories in England and Chicago? Thanks!

Amazing people on The CABE

Here's a different version of the same Sears ad showing your ribbed fork more clearly, with your exact chainring, and a description of the ribbed fork on your bike !

Go to the following address:

http://dailydesigndiscoveries.com/post/4919636222/high-art-peerless-bicycle-c-1910-from-a-sears

Hope this helps - Dennis

Darn nice illustration Dennis...i like the idea of 1910 better yet. The rear dropout still doesn't look quite the same. Chainring and fork look the same. As a child my first bike was a 24" from Sears. What goes arround may come around.

Flaired ends at headtube

The ribbed fork is a british pat. fork design. It is called the interal trussed fork.Thay are bery strong forks and your bike looks really great.I know it's a hip(ed) up modern maybe city type bike bit it really shows what can be done with an antique frame.Not made any better---Internal lugged too--has the fish mouth flaired tube ends where the joints are---great lookin bike

attachment.php

There are two former headbadge holes in the headtube around 3 inches O.C. vertically.
Three of the flaired top bar ends shows in this poor photo.

Witn Chain and Bag...Minus Pedals

Here's a different version of the same Sears ad showing your ribbed fork more clearly, with your exact chainring, and a description of the ribbed fork on your bike !
Go to the following address:

http://dailydesigndiscoveries.com/post/4919636222/high-art-peerless-bicycle-c-1910-from-a-sears

Hope this helps - Dennis

Greased up the headset and shortened the chain today. Could remove another link, but the guy that makes the skiptooth adapter gears is suppose to be making a 10 tooth version which would be a bit easier on the knees.
Notice the bag, not quite like the possible original shown in the ad but close and cheaper than a Brooks. Have some rat trap cage pedals on the way.
attachment.php

First ride day looms...

Peerless Headbadge

You're getting close !
My Peerless headbadge holes are spaced approximately 2 & 15/16 inches O.C.
Dennis

That is about what I was able measure from the inside as well...guess I need a Peerless headbadge. I have a couple of other Rollfast bikes, I like the ball bearing look of the older badges. How about posting a photo of your Peerless?

Serial Number

Added a pair of VP cage pedals, took a shake down cruise. Got the tire treads dirty, a little different feel than a modern bike. :)
Serial number stamped on bottom bracket is 335227 along one side, with a stray #7 in the middle.

Back