When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early G519 Columbia Stuff

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

altapat

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi Cabers,
This needs clarification.
I recently acquired some Columbia parts. On my observations, the handlebars, stem , chainring and cranks are originallly nickel plated. Then covered with OD. Obviously, the red paint was done in the later part.
I’m thinking these are from the early Columbia produced in 1942 like in the photos.
-Alvin

CC9D543A-9649-4DAF-BC21-A17EC0AE0836.jpeg

Hi @altapat

@blackcat has some very early Columbia G519's so is probably the best person to help. (Though it's holiday season in France, so he may not be around to see this at the moment).

On the other hand, I'd be interested to know if the pedals are the Torrington 8's with the the curved rather than pointed back plate. This is a rare thing to see on these pedals.

Also, I think the stand is the version occasionally seen on Huffman bikes, though better pictures would confirm it (and, if it were for sale, I'd be interested in it).

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi @altapat

@blackcat has some very early Columbia G519's so is probably the best person to help. (Though it's holiday season in France, so he may not be around to see this at the moment).

On the other hand, I'd be interested to know if the pedals are the Torrington 8's with the the curved rather than pointed back plate. This is a rare thing to see on these pedals.

Also, I think the stand is the version occasionally seen on Huffman bikes, though better pictures would confirm it (and, if it were for sale, I'd be interested in it).

Best Regards,

Adrian
Hey Adrian,
Thanks for your quick reply. I checked the pedals but they’re unmarked. Front and back plates are curved. Not sure if they’re legit T8s or replacement.
I’m planning to use them ( all the parts) for my G519 project . So won’t sell any.
Alvin

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello;
You have found beautiful things.
For your restoration of your G519, you can only use the handlebars without the stem, the saddle, the complete crankset and the truss bars.
In fact, the parts you have, come from a COLUMBIA bike of 1941 as in the color photo (who is not G519), this has nothing to do with the start of production of the G519 end 1941 and 1942.
These are 2 generation of totally different bikes: frame, fenders, chain guard, kickstand, stem, wheels, bell, pedals...
This is only my point of view... 😺
Regards;
Serge

Last edited:
Hello;
You have found beautiful things.
For your restoration of your G519, you can only use the handlebars without the stem the saddle, the complete crankset and the truss bars.
In fact, the parts you have, come from a COLUMBIA bike of 1941 as in the color photo, this has nothing to do with the start of production of the G519 end 1941 and 1942.
These are 2 generation of totally different bikes: frame, fenders, chain guard, kickstand, stem, wheels, bell, pedals...
This is only my point of view... 😺
Regards;
Serge
I appreciate your comments Serge . As for the meantime, I’ll try to dig more info on the early Columbia G519. Hopefully, in the future I find more old photos and references on this.

You have very good parts there Alvin. I'm very interested to see what you build.
When it's done we'll go for a ride down by Jones Beach.

You have very good parts there Alvin. I'm very interested to see what you build.
When it's done we'll go for a ride down by Jones Beach.
Hey Pete,
I’m still searching for early frame with curved tube. I bet it’s gonna be a pretty ride down there 🏖.

Back