When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Iver Johnson Truss on Ebay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Handyman

I live for the CABE
Just posted on Ebay is a nice example of an early Iver Johnson Truss Frame Bicycle. There are a few components that look a little "odd" to me, but you can't deny it's one great looking bike ! Fork looks slightly bent back and it's a racing style fork ? It will be interesting to watch.............Here is the link: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=113864928115
Pete in Fitchburg

truss.jpg

Been drooling since last night! Hell, i already contacted him. I told him he will get hit with alot of sharks trying to buy it early. He assured me he will let the auction play out! So what do you think on year? The SA hub was installed on bikes somewhere between 1914-1919, the serial number suggests that age, but the front sprocket seems newer? My info about the hub came from @fordsnake from the cabe yrs ago. I miss him! What do you think @Handyman ?

Been drooling since last night! Hell, i already contacted him. I told him he will get hit with alot of sharks trying to buy it early. He assured me he will let the auction play out! So what do you think on year? The SA hub was installed on bikes somewhere between 1914-1919, the serial number suggests that age, but the front sprocket seems newer? My info about the hub came from @fordsnake from the cabe yrs ago. I miss him! What do you think @Handyman ?

I agree with Dean (dfa242) above on the build date............about 1911ish. Also agree the hubs were generally a few years later, but who knows! I really like the bike, it has a lot going for it tall frame, early, and rare. I do think the chainring and possibly the fork, were replaced. The "star" type chainring wasn't used on any models around that year that had the truss frame. Also, it has what appears to be a racing fork, or possibly a "heavy service" fork, but it's not a racer. If we could get an inside measurement of the fork that would tell all. Minor issues for sure as the bike in general is fantastic. Pete in Fitchburg

Back