When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Lobdell seat recovering

-
Don’t be scared of this challenge.
Bend the inner metal piece up to about this point. The nose area will be the toughest part.
Then remove the material.
This is how the seat will look.
Get a curved mattress needle for easier stitching.

Last edited:
Don’t be scared of this challenge.
Bend the inner metal piece up to about this point. The noise area will be the toughest part.
Then remove the material.
This is how the seat will look.
Get a curved mattress needle for easier stitching.
View attachment 1337916

View attachment 1337917

View attachment 1337918

View attachment 1337919
Now THATS the kinda feedback im lookin for! Thanks for the vote of confidence and it looks to be exactly like i expected it to be!
Are you doing any kind of glueing of the fabric or is it all done in the stretch when the pinch is folded back under?
Im all about doing things myself so i will be doing this myself!

Boy thats a mighty fine looking seat. Is it just the complexity of the sewing side of things that would make you not want to tackle it?
I know I'm not capable of a pro looking result on the first try and that's the least I will accept. V/r Shawn

If you want to try it yourself go for it. All that can happen is you get frustrated and waste a lot of thread.
Just a tip. If you do it yourself or send it out spend some time getting rid of the rust, getting metal as clean as possible and priming with a good rust preventive primer. These pans rot big time! Wet thread, passage of years, and metal. What could go wrong?

If you want to try it yourself go for it. All that can happen is you get frustrated and waste a lot of thread.
Just a tip. If you do it yourself or send it out spend some time getting rid of the rust, getting metal as clean as possible and priming with a good rust preventive primer. These pans rot big time! Wet thread, passage of years, and metal. What could go wrong?
This is probably the cleanest pan i currently own but im still gonna clean and paint it nice and black before i wrap it.

Back