When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Early Luxury Liner

-
Price
$850.00
Zipcode
So this serial no. would be 1949.....Is that correct?
Presume, accordingly, as Phil may have just got too P.O.ed by anonymous and stubborn internet collectors who can be vicious and argue like children, refute his findings that, what

Freqman1, Shawn did, with Phil's gatherings, is as close to being correct as It's going to get, for quite some time. Hence, yes and I'd expect from the high count of numbers on yours "J99879 CW " would put it in summer of 1949 . And a production made that summer; preparing for 'Back-to-school sales' come Aug-sept 1949. I.E. what was on the shelves or display in stores and dealers that sold. (Aug-sept 1949).​

( Sorry, dumb bold text won't edit back to normal).. Regardless yours would be:​

Mar 1948Jun 1949Jxxxxx Cw

Last edited:
Presume, accordingly, as Phil may have just got too P.O.ed by anonymous and stubborn internet collectors who can be vicious and argue like children, refute his findings that, what

Freqman1, Shawn did, with Phil's gatherings, is as close to being correct as It's going to get, for quite some time. Hence, yes and I'd expect from the high count of numbers on yours "J99879 CW " would put it in summer of 1949 . And a production made that summer; preparing for 'Back-to-

Freqman1, Shawn did, with Phil's gatherings, is as close to being correct as It's going to get, for quite some time. Hence, yes and I'd expect from the high count of numbers on yours "J99879 CW " would put it in summer of 1949 . And a production made that summer; preparing for 'Back-to-school sales' come Aug-sept 1949. I.E. what was on the shelves or display in stores and dealers that sold. (Aug-sept 1949).​

( Sorry, dumb bold text won't edit back to normal).. Regardless yours would be:​

school sales' come Aug-sept 1949. I.E. what was on the shelves or display in stores and dealers that sold. (Aug-sept 1949).​

The Luxury Liner that I have with that serial no. which puts it at 49, had to have been assembled for the 1950 yr. it has the rack with the bumpers, and it has the tank with the small horn button on the right /upper side of the tank. I was told the tank changed in 51, this kind of makes me wonder, as I have heard of a few other examples of the same thing.
E8CA3332-8339-410A-8E24-294CDD8AA759.png

Here's my take on this bicycle:

While the earliest Luxury Liner advertisements that I have seen are from December of 1947 (see above) there are at least a couple examples using earlier frames from earlier that year, namely mine (A60964 CW) and the one owned by Kscheel (A83796 CW). The "A" prefix is March-June of 1947.

Here's my full painted fender Luxury Liner serial number spreadsheet. I would very much appreciate additions, in the interest of fleshing out details.

My guess is that the example here has had the fenders and tank replaced, and that it is the earliest Luxury Liner that I have yet identified.

Back