When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Motorcycle Photos thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Excelsior

735E53D8-712B-4309-A4EC-6B6B3B6DBDC3.jpeg

This is a '44 Indian Chief "Essential Civilian Use" bike I had several years ago. A buddy in a car club I belonged to had it in his back yard for a long time as you can see from the first picture. I restored it all except for the tanks. He had those painted by a local airbrush guy and stored them in his garage. I thought the painting was great so left them.

I rode the bike some, had it displayed in the local Indian dealers place (when there was one), guy started bugging me to buy it, offered me stupid money so I sold it. Wish I hadn't, but.....Put the money towards a basket case '41 Indian military, the one in my sign on photo. It was a real wreck but finished it civilian style.

This photo was taken in front of Plaza Flats, which is right where we now host our Old Town Orange, vintage bicycle rides.
It’s a Cuban restaurant and cigar shop now.
The owner of the restaurant says, that they still have this original photograph.
It’s not hanging up in the restaurant, so I suggested they should.
I’d like to get the early Motobike guys together for a modern day shot in front of the location, just for a fun blast from the past.
They set up tables and chairs out front for alfresco dining, so it would have to be set up first thing in the morning.
The facade of the building still looks pretty much the same, with just a few changes to the front of the restaurant.

Back