When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Motorcycle Photos thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Washington DC.
MPD motorman.
Screenshot_20210911-193925_eBay.jpg

Above 1957, vintage, not antique.

From an antique motorcycle rally that started in September near my home. I have a video of the class II start, they sound so good. I can’t see how to attach video. Class I has no clutch or gears. They call it gas and go. There was an early track bike in this class with bicycle lights and a kill button, no brakes that I could see. Sixty bikes in total.

A little history here on this bike. Three of these experimental Excelsiors (1921-22) were made. They were very fast and dangerous. In testing a guy crashed at over 100mph and died. Ignaz Schwinn (owner of Excelsior at the time) felt so bad about the death that they smashed all three of these bikes. This picture is about the only known information on this model. In the picture that is probably Ignaz Schwinn with the three racers.
Doesnt look like Ignaz, I think he was a short guy? Might be his son Frank?

Back