When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early ND 2 speed cog (screw on type)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

szathmarig

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I was recently looking at my early version ND 2 speed hub that is missing the knuckle, and cable, and was trying to utilize what I have. I was compering the two types, early and later, and realized the differences, one of which is the cog which I already knew, but what I didn't know is that the early style screw on type cog can be used on a single speed hub. It screws onto a single speed because it has the same thread. It could be used on a cargo/cycle truck bike. Instead of making the front sprocket smaller, put a 2 speed cog on your single speed ND hub, and get the same results. Has anyone tried this before?
IMG_20230531_210136609.jpg

IMG_20230531_210048404.jpg

IMG_20230531_205936630.jpg

IMG_20230531_205918353.jpg

IMG_20230531_205859943.jpg

Last edited:
Could there be a problem with the offset?, 2 spd has big offset ( bell ) to compensate for the extra gears/2 spd unit.

I haven't tried it yet. That's why I was asking if this has been done before? I just put the cog on a loose hub, not the actual bike.

Back