When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Paramount serial numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Emil Wastyn made the frames until 1941.
This, from the Waterford website.

Last edited:
They were also built by Wastyn.
But, how the serial numbers coincided with the Paramount frame production, I have no idea.

A186 Burgundy Tourist model with stainless fenders. BE OV TE 1938
I was never able to correct this entry because the web page shut down. This , it was learned, was originally a Road Race model that had Fender Tabs and fenders added later. The fork has less rake than a proper Tourist model, 28" wood wheels, not the 26" Tourist type also.

I own A324. Modified in the late ‘50s/early ‘60s with SA 3 SPD and other components. V/r Shawn

Here is Paramount #414. As found. I believe it is from 1950 or 1951. I am wondering if it was repainted some time in the 1960s perhaps??

View attachment 1546678
Nice frameset, with the uncommon chrome lugs (including seat cluster and bottom bracket). The seat tube decal is the one from the early 60s. Also interesting, as there is another 414 Paramount out there...it is very different, white road bike with a Cyclo-style derailleur mount and Tourist-oriented geometry. (not mine, but I have pics of it in my archives). There are a few duplicate Paramount frame numbers out there, but not many, as you'd expect.

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00044.JPG

Nice frameset, with the uncommon chrome lugs (including seat cluster and bottom bracket). The seat tube decal is the one from the early 60s. Also interesting, as there is another 414 Paramount out there...it is very different, white road bike with a Cyclo-style derailleur mount and Tourist-oriented geometry. (not mine, but I have pics of it in my archives). There are a few duplicate Paramount frame numbers out there, but not many, as you'd expect.

View attachment 1546738

View attachment 1546739
I had heard it was one of the Paramounts with another one that number. Cool to see it. I believe there are a few other such “pairs”.

Back