When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Prewar Schwinn New World Track Racer , Need Year Made? Info Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lux Low

Finally riding a big boys bike
I Just picked Up a Sweet Schwinn New World Schwinn Racer in Green. Trying To Pin Point Year , Serial is on The Bottom Bracket Cxxxx, The Bike has the Dural Hubs and wood rims and is Track Geometry. Note: It has English 3 piece Bottom Bracket, Rear facing drop out but not the Track drop outs on my 1940 Superior and 1936 Paramount. I Know Catalogs are not always exact but 1940 shows forward sloping dropouts and other years state 1 piece cranks only. How Far Back Was the New World Line made? Any Thoughts on Year ?

1939 (maybe late 1938) was the first year. With a picture or 2 I can give you a much better guess. The bikes in the picture a a 1941 New World I converted to a path racer with no fenders and it came with a 3 piece cottered crankset. The other bike is a 1952/53 Varsity New World with fenders. Prewars differences include a welded on seat post clamp and no kick stand welded on. Roger

Attachments

• IMG_9835.JPG
    IMG_9835.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 166
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 190
Back