When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Sager saddle

-

David Brown

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just finished this Sager Saddle for a friend. Shows up in 1895 and 6 catalog. He had the nickel plating done . I was very please how it turned out. Could do it again.
Dave

dave do you have someone to nickel the metalwork ? if i purchase the saddle also the plating looks more like chrome work in the photo ,i know its really hard to tell ? you can most likely tell more on your end

Hi
The plating is just nickel on that saddle. I just did the leather work he had the saddle parts done by someone in Toronto. The place that does my plating is close to me and have had them do work for me for years. They are more expensive than most but do super work. I have had there plating work done for over 25 years. And it sure is not getting any cheaper.

Very nice leather work...I would guess that the makers of the time had molds that they put the leather in to form....

Yes, I'd think the mold is necessary...as I've told you I work leather too, it takes some skill and you have it with that thicker leather for sure...thanks David C.

Back