When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Schwinn alloy 27 x 1 1/4" road wheelset

-
Price
Zipcode

LIFE OF SCHWINN

I live for the CABE
From a friends collection... straight and true and re-greased and comes with older Schwinn tires.
Not sure what model these would go on? Normandy hubs on Weinmann rims.
$150 or B/O + actual ship

DSC03148.JPG

DSC03149.JPG

DSC03150.JPG

DSC03151.JPG

DSC03152.JPG

DSC03153.JPG

Last edited:
Hello - I see this post is from last year, but just taking a chance to see if this wheelset is still available. If so, I'm interested and local to the MSP area. Let me know, and thank you!

ve the hubs? I just called him and he's going to check.
Thank you for checking!... much appreciated!
PS - I also sent you a FB messenger post earlier. You can disregard that, or respond via that platform too. Hoping he still has the hubs!… thanks again and let me know.

Last edited:
I'll reply here. It's hard to keep FB messages straight. I get a lot of them. Stay tuned to FB and CL this spring for my 27th annual bike/parts sale in Plymouth. I have a ton of stuff selling cheaply and I'll be selling my friend's, Frank81 from this site, stuff.
He died last summer and had lots of ballooner stuff.
I'll message you here when I find out about hubs.

I'll reply here. It's hard to keep FB messages straight. I get a lot of them. Stay tuned to FB and CL this spring for my 27th annual bike/parts sale in Plymouth. I have a ton of stuff selling cheaply and I'll be selling my friend's, Frank81 from this site, stuff.
He died last summer and had lots of ballooner stuff.
I'll message you here when I find out about hubs.
I most defiantly will keep my eye out for your bike/part sales. Sorry to hear about your friend… hopefully his equipment will find the homes of people who loved bikes as much as he did.

Thanks again regarding the hubs. I’m crossing my fingers that he still has them!
and if you have any older WeInmann alloy rims/wheels sitting around, let me know! (or if you know anyone else who has a stock of that old stuff)

Good Morning… just checking in to see if your friend returned your call on the availability of the hubs. Thanks again for checking.

They are in a storage unit and he hasn't gotten there yet. He doesn't like going out in the cold. He's also not sure he wants to sell them? He may change his mind, by the time I have my big sale in the spring? He has sold a lot of stuff at my sales in the past...

Understandable regarding the cold. Unless you get back to me sooner, I’ll reach out again as we get closer to spring. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Back