When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Schwinn Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@Tim s, as nice as the bike looks now, what kind of shape was it in to start with? Did the previous owner take any "before" pictures? I'm guessing he must have started with a pretty complete example.

I first saw the bike about 2 years ago when my wife and I were looking at his bike collection. The bike was complete/unrestored then and I remember the paint being faded as well as the decals but everything was there. At the time I remember him pointing out the early serial number and that the seat and seat tube decal were different from other early middleweight Schwinns. The next time I saw the bike was last summer when I was picking up the Corvette 5 speed that I bought from him. At that time the bike had been painted and he was waiting to get the seat back from the guy restoring the seat. I would think that he has before pics but i really don’t know. I do know he has been into middleweight Schwinns for a long time and knows his stuff. He has been gradually selling off his middleweight collection and most of his parts are gone. Here is a pic of the 5 speed corvette that I bought from him last summer. Tim

4D931B67-3FDA-4F03-A111-2E35ECF7834A.jpeg

24318543-BB9C-407F-A30A-E02FB2A21E7B.jpeg

That's the early version of the pinstripe decal on the downtube, I didn't realize that was ever used on the middleweights! I'll have to keep an eye out for that detail from now on! Beautiful bike!
That's what I was thinking... isn't this the same decal used on the Balloon tire Jaguar? Is this decal available reproduced?

I first saw this bike when I was picking up my Schwinn 5 speed Corvette. The bike was in the process of being restored and not for sale at the time. The owner/ restorer is a good friend and later indicated that he would sell me the bike. We both were going to Memory Lane and arranged to make the handoff there. His restoration skills and attention to detail are second to none. The bike might possibly be the earliest Schwinn Corvette out there with an October 1953 date. Enjoy the pics. Tim
Absolutely beautiful! Your friend does excellent work. Congrats!

I first saw the bike about 2 years ago when my wife and I were looking at his bike collection. The bike was complete/unrestored then and I remember the paint being faded as well as the decals but everything was there. At the time I remember him pointing out the early serial number and that the seat and seat tube decal were different from other early middleweight Schwinns. The next time I saw the bike was last summer when I was picking up the Corvette 5 speed that I bought from him. At that time the bike had been painted and he was waiting to get the seat back from the guy restoring the seat. I would think that he has before pics but i really don’t know. I do know he has been into middleweight Schwinns for a long time and knows his stuff. He has been gradually selling off his middleweight collection and most of his parts are gone. Here is a pic of the 5 speed corvette that I bought from him last summer. Tim

View attachment 1410529

View attachment 1410530
Another beautiful bike! Congratulations!

Hi Dave, I don’t know if they are reproducing that decal or if he had it made so I will ask him that and if he has any before pics Of the bike. Tim

Back