When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Schwinn Large cap small cap pedals question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KevinBrick

I live for the CABE

I thought all the large cap pedal had the side screws that held on the pedal blocks.. Did they have a later version large cap pedal without the side screws.. If so what year did they start.. Also , do all small cap pedals come with non removable end caps?

The large cap bows with the screws were used from 54 I believe thru the 59 model year. Then the version for sale was used from 1960 thru 1965. Small caps for 1966 with the additional diamond holes in the band and the bow pedals continued to evolve during the years.
I have a pair of 69 small cap and the caps do look like they are removable, but good luck with that.

Hi, The pictures aren't very clear on my computer but, I believe these pedals are the small cap version used from late '65 through '66.

Pictures are really bad.. For $260.00 I’m going to want
To see a clear closeup of those caps.. :p

Those pics are more than crappy. In a few they appear to be large cap looking at a side view but looking at a straight on shot they look like the small cap. Rusty knows better, must have dropped his phone in the toilet.

Back