When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

early shelby

-

kccomet

I live for the CABE
just picked this up, badged shelco

Attachments

• eds 013.jpg
    eds 013.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 264
  • eds 014.jpg
    eds 014.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 262
  • eds 015.jpg
    eds 015.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 264
just picked this up, badged shelco

Very nice bicycle, kccomet.

May very-well be a '35 .. taking the one-year only tank .... see Tank No. 1001 near bottom.

The toolbox tank for '35 featured a ''cowcatcher nose'' for the taller motorbike with the five-inch head-tube ... see Tank No. 1000.

Your machine might take this dandy from a current ebay auction .. $950.oo with FREE Shipping ... easily cheaper than diamonds of equal weight.

Disclaimer ... that is not me selling this tank .... fellow must be new to older bicycles ... sheeesh ......

tank 35a.jpg

tank 35b.jpg

The shorter frame (3-inch + / - head) that you have is even more seldom seen than the standard (5-inch + / -) Shelby motorbike of the day.

Below are some fotos of the 5-inch head specimen which was available in balloon or 28" high-pressure ..like yours.

1935 Shelby Motorbike (only year produced).jpg

1935 Lindy  -.jpg

1935%20shelby%20001.jpg
This "Buckeye" is a recent build by my friend, Ron ... AKA Oldnut of Dayton, OH.

1935  shelby  002.jpg

McCauley 1935 Catalog  COPY.jpg

This last illustration is just kool ... hope ya dig it as much as i do ......

..................... patric

Comet.jpg

====================================
====================================

Last edited:
Love the colors! Very cool find.

Can you post more frame construction details (BB, stays etc...) to document as Oldnut said "Yea don't see many of these". Could be a great reference for ID'ing future unbadged bikes with similar construction.

Thanks for posting!

Original paint 5 inch headtube

Since this is becoming a Shelby motorbike party, I'll add my '32 (Morrow B hub).
The cowcatcher tank I picked up at MLC a couple of years ago fits it well, just haven't got around to patina matching it and never took photos of it cleaned up and accessorized.
Chris
fox main.jpg
fox front.jpg

Since this is becoming a Shelby motorbike party, I'll add my '32 (Morrow B hub).
The cowcatcher tank I picked up at MLC a couple of years ago fits it well, just haven't got around to patina matching it and never took photos of it cleaned up and accessorized.
Chris
View attachment 171471View attachment 171470

That 1000 tank will fit that frame last one I picked up was 70 bucks they also fit columbias
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
with the tall frame

SPACER

Oldnut ... I don't believe the '1000' tank will fit the shorter headtube Shelby ...
the cowcatcher may catch the fork-crown and severely-limit steering.

Surely someone could mod a '1000' tank into a '1001' variety.

Lemme see ... the '1001' tank on e-b ... BIN @ 950 Simoleons .. with free shipping .....

Or ... score a '1000' tank for hundreds of Simoleons less ..... and mod it as a '1001' mimic ......

Hmmm .... ?

............. patric

eds 013 COPY.jpg

=======================
=======================

Back