When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Sling Shot Mountainbikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fat tire trader

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hello,
I'm looking for early Sling Shot Mountain bikes like the one I am riding in this picture.
Thanks,
Chris

These MTB bikes with the under-tension spring cable suspension design are very unappreciated and little discussed. I have spent some time on a Fat Chance made by Slingshot decked out with anodized high end parts during my racing heyday, and I was impressed with it's smooth and damped design with a very different feel on the trail compared to traditional framed FS bikes of the time...great bike @fat tire trader . Is it a "slingshot badged" bike? I will see if I can get some pics of the bike mentioned as it still exists somewhere in town put away untouched. Not for sale but you would enjoy the pics I think..pete Below is another all rigged up custom but not the same bike I rode...
1589025500918.png

Last edited:
I think you might be mis-remembering. I don't think there was ever a connection between Fat Chance and Sling Shot.

The bike that I am riding in the picture is an early Sling Shot. Around 1992, they simplified the frames and started making ones like the yellow one above which they called "Boom Tube". I was a Sling Shot dealer and bought each frame version when they came out and each time, I sold my old one. I am looking for the ones with more than one top tube like you see me riding.

Thanks,
Chris

Yes, there is no Fat Chance connection! Brain cramp. I was thinking of the hardtail steel F.Chance with a mag 21 on it that I once had. The slingshot that I rode quite a few times was like the above pic bike but with a traditional MTB bar setup that belonged to my riding buddy ....it seemed softer and more damp than even my own horst link, amp-style frame with manitou fork that I was riding at the time. I am surprised it wasn't more successful. Good luck with the search!

Back