When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early STINGRAY s.n. E3xxxxx

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

stoney

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Bought this Stingray today from it's original owner. I believe this to be a very early '63. E3 May '63? I know the seat is not right, it should be white, it is a Persons though. Seat sissy bar is stamped Persons. Tires are not originals either. Rear is a grooved Sears slick, front is some junk. Looks like all else is. It has the original bike store sticker on it. The bike was bought for Bill ( now age 67 ) by his mom when his English Racer got stolen. They went to the bike store and the owner sold it to Bill and his mom.

SANY0128.JPG

SANY0130.JPG

SANY0129.JPG

SANY0131.JPG

SANY0132.JPG

SANY0134.JPG

Last edited:
That seat is awesome. I’m going this weekend to pick one up. What a killer bike Ray! Great buy!

Bought this Stingray today from it's original owner. I believe this to be a very early '63. E3 May '63? I know the seat is not right, it should be white, it is a Persons though. Seat sissy bar is stamped Persons. Tires are not originals either. Rear is a grooved Sears slick, front is some junk. Looks like all else is. It has the original bike store sticker on it. The bike was bought for Bill ( now age 67 ) by his mom when his English Racer got stolen. They went to the bike store and the owner sold it to Bill and his mom.

View attachment 846384

View attachment 846385

View attachment 846386

View attachment 846387

View attachment 846388

View attachment 846390

Sweet score! That’s one I’m missing in my collection!

Cool Stingray and a very early one!

I love the water slide decals on old bicycles. Ads character.

[Humor]Based on the gold standard; 1963 Gold prices were $35.25 an Ounce. Today, averaging about $1,200. So, if ya toss a little math into it; 1,200/35.25 = 34.28571428571429 x 49.95 = 1712.5714285714 ($1,700 in gold today)

Moreover, I bet the guy you bought it from, lost money on the deal. [grin] Even for $1,700, considering storage is a loss.

However, that's brand new; 50 bucks and >>> no doubt, the memories behind it are priceless so, at any price you paid , obviously for the condition; he got his 50 bucks worth and today's $1,700. so, It's a score for him too. [grin]

By 1966, aprox 2-3 years of bumps and scratches, it's at least a 75% knock off maybe more just a few years later. So, and but, Conditionally, -75% is around $ 425; About a third of an ounce.

I have no clue of old original sting-ray's value but, it would seem $425 may be a good value for an early sting-ray today hence, by gold standards this bike has retained it's used bike worth from 1966 to now. [grin]

That there's some Schwinn Quality built spit.

1963-stingray-ad.jpg

Back