When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Stingray sissy bar questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

slmdbus

Look Ma, No Hands!
IMG_9512.JPG
IMG_9511.JPG
IMG_9509.JPG
IMG_9510.JPG
Hey I have a few different styles of 64 style persons sissy bars and was curious if anyone had any info regarding changes.

The first has small crimp and round holes at the bottom and the stamp is horizontal.

The second has a longer crimp and more rectangular holes and the stamp is vertical.

And the third has the small crimp with rectangular holes and horizontal stamp.
Just curious if they were different for deluxe or earlier 64 vs later 64.?
Any info would be awesome, thanks

I have a few variations of these, I'll see if I have time to get some photos. I have a 1963 non-crimped style that has persons and patent pending stamps. I also have a couple like these shown and I fairly sure I have a persons one similarly stamped but in a round back, not the square. I'm no expert in them, by I do like the early musckebikes. I'd say the variations are simply changes in matching in processes or placed willl trying to keep up with demand at the time.

Here are the ones I have, and please this is just for information, they are not for sale.
First is the 63 uncrimped style-
IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2869.JPG

And the later 64 up crimped style. I have a few of these and they all looked the same where they are crimped and stamped.
IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

Back