When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Super Deluxe Survivors

-
I'm also kind of curious if you've found any stamps on the inside of your Overdrive brake arm??

I think all I've come up with so far is a couple of "H 8" and one "A 8" believed to have been off of 68 Mini Twins. None of the earlier kickback hubs I've had were marked at all on the inside of the arms.
Good question WillWork,

I’ve seen the date codes on the back of later year Overdrive hub brake arms. They seem to be on the “Model B” such as the above ‘68.

I have 4 1965 Stingrays with the Blue Band Overdrive and they do not have date codes on the back of that arm.

7B184787-ACEE-449E-BD0F-6A6864D3F78B.jpeg

93E291A6-1777-4EC6-9A96-0CA82F07A5E0.jpeg

Interesting info.. what is the difference between an early blue band and the model B blue band.. Also how does the date code work.. What does L 7 mean..

Interesting info.. what is the difference between an early blue band and the model B blue band.. Also how does the date code work.. What does L 7 mean..
I can't remember which color band of the kickbacks it was, but out of the 3, I think I had 2 of them with differently stamped brake arms(besides the model and mount hole differences). There are differently machined clutches too. Spiral vs serrated and bare steel vs black oxide. I wish I had the pictures readily available....maybe one day when I'm in a hub mood, I'll get them out and take pictures again.

Back