When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Tandem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah, it should read, “ a gun is a dangerous weapon, and so is a bad brake” especially on a tandem!
I’ll bet that rig got pretty scary on the downhills, with nothing but an old design coaster brake to slow you down.
Very interesting find!
I’d be for keeping that badge right where it is.
It tells a much better story in its current state.
Agreed Marty!! It’s a work of art .

I agree with what cyclingday said about the badge. Nice find I would keep it as is, just recondition all the running gear and enjoy the ride.

He rode it over again to visit! Any ideas on what brand it might be? Or a value? You guys are on point! Gary

Such a cool survivor but it looks like the life along the Pacific Ocean has been hard, to much sun, sand, surf and salt.:cool:

It must be easy to find your way home after a ride from the scale dropping off at bumps, the scale trail.

Those chains might just clean up very nicely in a soak of 90Wt gear oil. The frame could be a good candidate for linseed oil finish to preserve the crust. What stores this thing could tell of life along the beach...

Also note: Its not a step thru frame in the back, was it a tandem board track bike? A mans, mans frame. Hmmmmm>??

Back