When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early teens bike identity help please & hello!

-

Ricker

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello cabe- I am returning to the hobby after a hiatus. This site has grown considerably and the information and knowledge base is fantastic!

I picked up this frame from another caber with the intention to build it as a rider for my wife- I liked the chainring and figured I could find a variety of badges to go on it. Turns out the chainring was not correct, completely wrong interface and the fit of it would make it unride-able (too much runout). Once I got the frame I realized it is a very high quality frame and is very light. The bike is silver brazed and was once black with remnants of orange in the head tube and seat tube. There is much less paint on it than the way it appears in the photos. The bottom bracket & crank are also unique. I think the crank is the only clue I have as to what this frame might be. The headbadge holes are 2 7/8" apart which does not narrow it down much. I have added some photos posted by the previous owner from the internet and a few of my own. The seatpost is held in place with an expansion seat post (no clamp). I have also added two images that was posted in another thread (thanks @fordsnake ) that has the BB and crank arm although the crank arms that are with this frame are round on the back and have a diamond profile on the front. The BB bearing cups are similar to Great Western. I have no clue if the sun chainring would be correct on this frame. I can take specific photos if anyone needs more info.

Thanks!
Rick

teens frame cabe 2020 01.jpeg

teens frame cabe 2020 02.jpeg

teens frame cabe 2020 03.jpeg

IMG_7253.JPG

keim hanger 02.jpg

keim hanger 01.jpg

Looks like some put-together parts.
The 5-point chain ring sprocket looks like a Double-D drive, re-drilled at one time, (but that extra hole was not used).

Perhaps if a serial number might be found?

Thanks for the fast response- SN is 8151. The photo of the bottom of the BB shows how it reads and also shows the crank arm chainring pin. I have added the chainring photo too- the hole was not factory drilled and is too small for the crank pin. The front fender mount is interesting (nickel plated) and I have included a dropout and fender brace photo. There is no evidence of a drop stand clip for the rear fender.

IMG_7304.JPG

IMG_7305.JPG

IMG_7306.JPG

IMG_7307.JPG

IMG_7308.JPG

Back