When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early to mid 60s Schwinn Blue

-
My daily rider ...

I assembled a '59 Corvette as well as a '61 Fairlady and painted as close as I could get to that blue. I used Duplicolor's Metalcast Spectra Blue (I got a little heavy handed on the Fairlady) but still think of all the colors that I've tried to replicate, this blue is my favorite.
View attachment 1687586

Just this past week did I come up with the correct double hinged Mewag rack to replace the one that's on it now.

Two other middleweight Schwinns are in the works. A Campus green '69 Typhoon, and an Opal green '59 Tiger. After doing some spray out cards, I might have to change my mind about the blue.

I'm a bit confused on the paint you said you used. I have a can of Metalcast Blue here on the desk and it's just specified as Blue Anodize. Metalcast is a candy enamel. Did you get the product name mixed up and you used Perfect Match?

Don't have many blue or middle weight bikes but stumbled on a pair of 62 Americans and had to use some parts off the girls to complete the boys before sending it down the road, haven't decided on WW or black with the blue?

4FDDDA53-A89C-4EED-BA2C-6B969E7A6D6E.jpeg

Last edited:
I love my WW but with painted fenders it can go either way. That bike looks fantastic.
well had 2 pairs of new Kenda's I took in on trade for the brick 2.0's I sell, a ww & Blk so tried both on the blk & orange Deluxe Hornet and the American but the Hornet really needs the all black! and I got to get rid of those Kenda's!

Back