When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early to mid 60s Schwinn Blue

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tim s

Wore out three sets of tires already!
There is something IMO about this early blue color. I was in the basement and had to move this bike so brought it outside to the driveway. I had forgotten how beautiful this color is until I brought it outside. Schwinn really got it right with this color. I am also a big fan of coppertone. Anybody agree and have pics to show us? Tim

B5C42EAD-D3F8-41D4-B979-51B2E1C5FFF2.jpeg

AC678B3F-88B5-41A0-B4EC-C396D4EDCBF0.jpeg

I assembled a '59 Corvette as well as a '61 Fairlady and painted as close as I could get to that blue. I used Duplicolor's Metalcast Spectra Blue (I got a little heavy handed on the Fairlady) but still think of all the colors that I've tried to replicate, this blue is my favorite.
IMG_20201012_171127943~2.jpg

Just this past week did I come up with the correct double hinged Mewag rack to replace the one that's on it now.

Two other middleweight Schwinns are in the works. A Campus green '69 Typhoon, and an Opal green '59 Tiger. After doing some spray out cards, I might have to change my mind about the blue.

I’d appreciate it very much if you’d talk to my wife about that. I keep suggesting it but I get ”there’s no room for the seats for the grandkids.”

Back