When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early to mid 60s Schwinn Blue

-

Tim s

Wore out three sets of tires already!
There is something IMO about this early blue color. I was in the basement and had to move this bike so brought it outside to the driveway. I had forgotten how beautiful this color is until I brought it outside. Schwinn really got it right with this color. I am also a big fan of coppertone. Anybody agree and have pics to show us? Tim

B5C42EAD-D3F8-41D4-B979-51B2E1C5FFF2.jpeg

AC678B3F-88B5-41A0-B4EC-C396D4EDCBF0.jpeg

I assembled a '59 Corvette as well as a '61 Fairlady and painted as close as I could get to that blue. I used Duplicolor's Metalcast Spectra Blue (I got a little heavy handed on the Fairlady) but still think of all the colors that I've tried to replicate, this blue is my favorite.
IMG_20201012_171127943~2.jpg

Just this past week did I come up with the correct double hinged Mewag rack to replace the one that's on it now.

Two other middleweight Schwinns are in the works. A Campus green '69 Typhoon, and an Opal green '59 Tiger. After doing some spray out cards, I might have to change my mind about the blue.

I’d appreciate it very much if you’d talk to my wife about that. I keep suggesting it but I get ”there’s no room for the seats for the grandkids.”

Back