Early Torrington Pedals Version# 1, 2 or 3? or ???

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

MotoDoc

On Training Wheels
Feb 17, 2020
Lincoln, Nebraska
Trying to i.d. this version of a set of Torrington Pedals. End caps show the The Torrington Company on one side and Standard Plant, Pat Apld For on the other. These are on a Simmons Hardware "Red Bird" wooden wheel bicycle. Along with the version, any idea of the time period these were made? Newbie on this stuff, any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_4771.jpg

IMG_4780.jpg

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Mar 5, 2013
Richmond, Virginia
Ca. 1922 Torrinngton ad indicates the no.6 replaced the no. 4.
I have a set of these pedals that are identical in cage form to yours with the slotted end on one side and nut on the cap side and they use the blocks illustrated here.

1922 Torrington Number 6 Pedals.jpg

JO BO

Finally riding a big boys bike
May 22, 2006
Ryderwood, United States
Ca. 1922 Torrinngton ad indicates the no.6 replaced the no. 4.
I have a set of these pedals that are identical in cage form to yours with the slotted end on one side and nut on the cap side and they use the blocks illustrated here.

1922 Torrington Number 6 Pedals.jpg
I think he has Torrington #1's as his has the nuts and the #6 has smooth top bolt feature.

MotoDoc

On Training Wheels
Feb 17, 2020
Lincoln, Nebraska
Guys, is it normal that the end cap circles have a stamping that indicates the model (as in Catfish's picture)? As you can see from my photos, this pair are worn pretty badly. If there were any stampings on that part of the end caps they are long gone. Any idea time period on #1's. This info is great, appreciate you guys taking the time!

JO BO

Finally riding a big boys bike
May 22, 2006
Ryderwood, United States
Standard pedal company purchased by Torrington and pedals became torrington #1's They had early rat traps back in the 1880's

from this ad Torrington #1's were discontinued late 1920

apparently the #4's only lasted a couple years then the #6's came in.

Sept_1920.jpg

Last edited:
This ad goes away when you register for an account!